Indian railways is back with another one of its facilities to keep its passengers entertained! And this time, the national transporter has started offering its passengers on demand entertainment on their phones.
And for this, they wouldn’t even need any internet connection either.
Which trains will be getting this Entertainment On Demand feature? What kind of content will be available for you to access?
Find out all about this new facility made available to you by the Indian Railways, right here!
Indian Railways To Offer Entertainment On Demand Facility
Railway officials have revealed the plans of the Indian Railways to offer sources of entertainment to their passengers, in order to make their rides full of fun! And for this, the national transporter has come up with a feature called ‘Entertainment On Demand’.
The Danapur Division of East Central Railway zone has been the first one to initiate the ‘Entertainment On Demand’ facility.
Currently, this facility has been made available on the Patna Rajdhani and Sampoorna Kranti Express already.
A railway official confirmed, “Over 500 hours of content is available in the media server to provide uninterrupted movies streaming without any Internet connection locally. Also, the users do not have to pay for this or use their own internet data pack for availing the EoD service on board.”
He also said that there is a lot of variety in the programmes and there will be special ones meant for children.
All You Need To Know About ‘Entertainment On Demand’!
Here’s all you need to know about ‘Entertainment On Demand’ on the Indian Railways:
- More than 500 hours of content is available on the media server on the locals.
- Passengers don’t need any internet connection of their own – they will just need to log in to the Wi-Fi on the railway, and then sign in to the media server on the train.
- Every coach will enable around 90 people at a time, and they will be able to watch over 12000 programmes, which contain over 7000 movies! If that isn’t exciting, we don’t know what is!
- In addition to the Patna Rajdhani and Sampoorna Kranti Express, as much as 220 coaches will be endowed with the ‘Entertainment On Demand’ facility. The train number 13237/38 Patna Kota Express, train number 13239/40 Patna Kota Express, Suvidha Express, Humsafar Express, Howrah Jan Shatabdi Express, and the Ranchi Jan Shatabdi Express.
- It is a sustainable model because the expenditure of the non-revenue fare model is taken care of by the advertisements.