Internet banking has been on a boom in India over the last few years, especially after the demonetisation drive by the ruling government. According to a report published by Facebook and The Boston Consulting Group (BCG), titled ‘ENCASHING ON DIGITAL: Financial Services in 2020’, the number of users expected to opt for online banking in India are expected to reach 150 million mark by 2020. Another survey conducted by Clint revealed that as many as 63.97 percent of respondents in India were using internet banking in India.
The growth has been lead by country’s largest public sector bank – the State Bank of India or SBI. The bank offers various services to its customers through its internet banking portal – sbionline.com. The service allows users to check their account balance information, facilitate a fund transfer, apply for a new cheque book and debit cards. The SBI customers can also set up a fixed or recurring deposit account via internet banking. But, to access any of these services, the users need to download the registration form from the SBI website.
Once registered, the bank branch will provide the users with a “Pre Printed Kit (PPF)”, which contains details such as username and password. Now, it is very common among users to forget their netbanking password or username. In this case, they need to reset it which can be done easily in six steps.
Here is how to reset SBI internet banking password via onlinesbi.com –
1. Go the official website of State Bank of India.
2. Click on “Forget Login Password” on the login screen.
3. You will be redirected to a page where you will be asked to provide details like username, account number, country, mobile number, date of birth followed by the captcha.
4. Click on submit.
5. You will receive an OTP (on-time password) on the registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and submit.
6. A new page will open where you can reset the password.